|What do you need/want to do?
||Traders and portfolio managers need a reliable estimate for the impact of future trades:
- As a benchmark to reference realised (post-trade) vs estimated (pre-trade)
- It empowers decisions around portfolio construction
- It empowers traders’ conversations with portfolio managers
- It empowers traders’ conversations with their brokers (risk vs agency)
- It empowers conversations between portfolio managers and the end clients/investors
|What are the alternative solutions? What are their disadvantages?
- In-house, however this is not independent and is potentially inaccurate if using the wrong “denominators’ from the market; if buy-side this is not a key strength or focus so the uplift can be quite heavy to do it well
- Using brokers for pre-trade risks leaking information about future trades
- Battles over ‘desktop real estate’ mean that this information should ideally be called into the trading blotter by API web services
- Some firms are tied to one vendor for a long time which limits flexibility and innovation in the marketplace.
|What are the advantages of using big xyt’s solutions?
- Web-based application with rich visualisations and API access to liquidity analytics of global markets
- Our ability to deliver custom calculations into the trading blotter from an independent and non conflicted source is powerful, and unique
|How long is the implementation and what resources are required from the client?
- Our API is immediately available for those firms with in-house capability to use it
- The onboarding process involves understanding your data model, file transfer, and demonstrating that our solution is as at least as good, if not better, than you may have already
|What are the results/beneficial outcomes? What could you do now that you couldn’t do before?
- Is your current pre-trade TCA provider (if you have one) truly independent?
- For the buy-side, reduces the need to rely on calls to broker web services with potential information leakage