|What do you need/want to do?
- Validation/improvement of strategy performance and routing for internal clients (portfolio managers and funds)
- Validation/improvement of strategy performance and routing for external brokers
- Compliance and best execution requirements
- Strategic measurement of trading performance (for sophisticated desks with input into the calibration of algos in partnership with brokers, or perhaps for hedge funds with their own execution strategies)
|What are the alternative solutions? What are their disadvantages?
- In-house build (this is not a key focus for the buy-side so the uplift can be quite heavy to do it well)
- Some firms are tied to one vendor for a long time which can limit flexibility and innovation in the marketplace
|What are the advantages of using big xyt’s solutions?
- Web-based application with rich visualisations and powerful API access to liquidity analytics of global markets
- Gain an understanding of the approach of your peers
- Outlier detection, spot trends, custom solutions (e.g. algo wheel), report generation, feedback for performance testing and improvement
|How long is the implementation and what resources are required from the client?
- Our API is immediately available for those firms with in-house capability to use it
- The onboarding process involves understanding your data model, file transfer, and demonstrating that our solution is as at least as good, if not better, than you may have already
|What are the results/beneficial outcomes? What could you do now that you couldn’t do before?
- Better time management (in busy/volatile times traders need to concentrate on their day job yet analysis is key at those times so a maintained available solution is invaluable)